SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com
For those looking for other recipes, the links are on the left hand side of this page.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

*Orange Cocoa*

Hello everyone! I'm sorry about the last couple days or so. I have been having a few technical difficulties. I ' ll be trying to post an extra recipe or two in the next couple days for you. I decided that since I haven't post any beverages, I will tonight. This is a blend of cocoa and orange together. It's really good. Something the whole family can have. I like to sit around a camp fire and enjoy a little conversation and the outdoors.
Enjoy!


*Orange Cocoa*

Servings: 6

1/2 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup Dutch Cocoa Powder
1 Pinch salt
1/3 Cup hot water
4 Cup milk
½ Tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tsp. orange extract

In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt; blend in water. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture boils. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Add milk; stir and heat to serving temperature. DO NOT BOIL. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and orange extract. Beat with rotary beater or wire whisk until foamy. Serve hot.

Per Serving: 178 Cal (4% from Fat, 38% from Protein, 58% from Carb); 17 g Protein; 1 g Tot Fat; 1 g Sat Fat; 0 g Mono Fat; 27 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 25 g Sugar; 588 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 258 mg Sodium; 9 mg Cholesterol.

No comments: