SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com
For those looking for other recipes, the links are on the left hand side of this page.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Chinese Hamburger Casserole


Today I am posting a recipe tha I came up with. When I was in my early 20's I got this recipe from my mother, I liked it really well, but lost it. My mother has passed away since then, so I had to experiment until I came up with the right taste. this is called "Chinese Hamburger Casserole". Please try it and let me know what you think.

Chinese Hamburger Casseroles

Servings: 8

Note: you may want to let casserole cool about 10
minutes or more after removing from oven. very hot!

1½ Pounds Hamburger
1 Cup Celery, Diced
1 Cup Onion, Diced
1 14 Ounce Can Bean Sprouts, Reserve Juice
1 8 Oz. Can Water Chestnuts, Sliced
1 10¾ Oz. Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
1 10¾ Oz. Can Cream Of Chicken Soup
1 ½ Cups Water, Use reserved Juice & Add
Water To Make 1 ½ Cups
1/2 cup Long Grain Rice
1 12 Oz. Bag Birds Eye Steam Fresh Frozen
Vegetables, Asian Medley
1 12 Oz. Bag Chow Mein Noodles For Top Of Casserole

Preheat oven at 350°F
Brown hamburger. Add rest of ingredients, except for chow mien noodles.
Bake in large casserole dish for 1 hour. Add chow mein noodles to casserole the last 15 minutes of bake time. Enjoy!

Per Serving: 687 Cal (53% from Fat, 13% from Protein, 33% from Carb); 23 g Protein; 41 g Tot Fat; 12 g Sat Fat; 15 g Mono Fat; 58 g Carb; 6 g Fiber; 4 g Sugar; 72 mg Calcium; 5 mg Iron; 852 mg Sodium; 76 mg Cholesterol

No comments: