SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com
For those looking for other recipes, the links are on the left hand side of this page.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

*Ginger Glazed Carrots*

Hi everyone I thought I would post a side dish today.
*Ginger Glazed Carrots*, I really like these and kids are more likely to eat there vegetables. I have always liked my veggies. I know, I'm all grown up. I'm a kid at heart, but aren't we all? Enjoy!


*Ginger Glazed Carrots*

Serves: 4

2 Cups carrots,peeled and sliced
3 Tbls. butter
1/2 Tsp ginger,minced
3 Tbls. honey
1 Tbls.+1 Tsp. sesame seeds, toasted, see directions
1/8 Tsp. salt
1/8 Tsp. pepper

Peel and slice carrots. Boil about 10 minutes until cooked. Strain and set aside, Keeping the carrots warm. Add the sesame seeds to a hot non-stick fry pan. No oil needed. Toss sesame seeds until toasted. Remove seeds from fry pan and set aside. Melt butter in the hot fry pan. Add the ginger and cook for one minute. Remove from heat. Add the honey, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper. Stir to soften. Pour the glaze over the cooked carrots.

Per Serving: 168 Cal (52% from Fat, 3% from Protein, 45% from Carb); 1 g Protein; 10 g Tot Fat; 6 g Sat Fat; 3 g Mono Fat; 20 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 16 g Sugar; 54 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 180 mg Sodium; 23 mg Cholesterol.

No comments: