SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com
For those looking for other recipes, the links are on the left hand side of this page.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Banana Bread

Hi again, today I made Banana Bread. I didn't follow the instructions about turning down the oven if it was browning to quickly, so as you will see in the pic. with the recipe. Next time I will do as it says. I should have checked it sooner. It still tastes really good. I didn't have enough honey so I used half honey and half molasses. I got this recipe from a book that teaches you how to survive in the country. It has a lot of recipes for cooking things that you grow from your own garden. Also how to grow these varies veggies. One good thing about this recipe. the bread is still really moist, even if I did get it a little to brown.I hope you enjoy this recipe too.

P.S. I added a pic. of the soft white Bread.



*Banana Bread*



Servings: 16



3 Eggs

2/3 Cup Honey

½ Cup Oil

3 Ripe Bananas, Mashed

1/8 Tsp. Salt

2 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, Or

Unbleached Flour

1 Tsp. Baking Soda

1 tsp. Baking powder

1/8 Tsp.Vanilla

½ Cup Pecans, Or Walnuts, Optional



Preheat oven at 350°F.

Beat eggs, honey, and oil together.

Add mashed banana, salt, and vanilla; Mix

well.

Sift flour and baking soda together.

Gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture, until

smooth.

Now add the nuts if you desire to have them in your

bread.

Grease 1 large bread pan, pour the batter into pan and bake at 350°F. For 1 hour.

Lower oven temperature if bread is browning to quickly.



Per Serving: 219 Cal (42% from Fat, 7% from Protein, 51% from Carb); 4g Protein; 11g Tot Fat; 1g Sat Fat;

4g Mono Fat; 30g Carb; 3g Fiber; 15g Sugar; 16mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 75mg Sodium; 46mg Cholesterol

No comments: