SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com
For those looking for other recipes, the links are on the left hand side of this page.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Italian Meatballs

Today I am posting a meatball recipe that I think is really good. They are really good an tender. I have tried other recipes and I think this one is the best. When I make these I only use enough for one meal(I'm only cooking for 2)and I freeze the rest.I use a freezer bag. This way I don't have to make them every time I make spaghetti. I just pull them from the freezer and add to my sauce. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do. I don't have a picture, but I don't think you really need one for these.


*Italian Meatballs*


Servings: 12

SERVES 12 ,makes 46 meatballs Note: Its much easier to bake them in an oven, you may need to turn them a few times. I didn't and they turned out great.


1 Lb Ground Hamburger
1 Lb sweet Italian sausage, ground
1 Cup bread crumbs, Italian
1½ Tsp. garlic, Finley chopped
1/2 Cup onions, minced
1 Tbls. fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tsp. basil
1 Tsp. salt
1/2 Tsp. black pepper
1/2 Cup water
1 Cup parmesan cheese grated, Or From A Jar


Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
The less you handle the more tender they will be.
Role into 1-inch size balls.
Fry in Skillet or bake on a broiler pan for about 20 minutes in 375° F oven.


Per Serving: 303 Cal (63% from Fat, 26% from Protein, 11% from Carb); 20g Protein; 21g Tot Fat; 8g Sat Fat;
9g Mono Fat; 8g Carb; 1g Fiber; 1g Sugar; 124mg Calcium; 2mg Iron; 693mg Sodium; 68mg Cholesterol

No comments: