SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com
For those looking for other recipes, the links are on the left hand side of this page.

Friday, July 11, 2008

*Meat Loaf with Sweet and Sour Sauce*

Today I decided on Meat loaf. I came up with this mixture when I first got out on my Owen. The original recipe came from a children's cookbook I had received as a gift from my mother. The cookbook was lost in a fire, so I had to try to remember the ingredients on my Owen. I think with my memory it got changed a bit. I got the single serving idea from a Fanny Farmer recipe book. I like this idea because of my finicky fiance'. For him I omit the onion and bell pepper.After I pack his into the muffin tin I add my onion and bell pepper, and we are both happy. Here you go!


*Meat Loaf With Sweet Sour Sauce*

Servings: 8

Note:
For single servings, pack meat mixture in muffin tins and spread with sauce and bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 400°F. Turn out and enjoy.

For The Meat Loaf:
2 Cups Saltine Cracker Crumbs
1 Small Green Bell Peppers, Finely Chopped
1 Small Onion, Finely Chopped
2 Large Eggs, Slightly Beaten
2 Lb. Ground Beef
3 Tbls. Heinz 57 Sauce
1 Pkg. Meat Loaf Seasoning
¼ Tsp. Salt
¼ Tsp. Pepper
¾ Cup Milk

Sauce For Top:
¼ Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
2 Tbls. Prepared Mustard

Meat Loaf:
Pre heat oven at 350°F. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; Mix well. Pack meat mixture in a large non-stick bread pan; Set aside.

Sauce:
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and prepared mustard. If mixture is to dry add more mustard and if to moist add more brown sugar. Spread sauce over top of meat loaf. Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.

Per Serving: 583 Cal (50% from Fat, 28% from Protein, 22% from Carb); 33 g Protein; 26 g Tot Fat; 9 g Sat Fat; 12 g Mono Fat; 2 g Poly Fat; 26 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 12 g Sugar; 81 mg Calcium; 4 mg Iron; 849 mg Sodium; 155 mg Cholesterol

No comments: