SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com
For those looking for other recipes, the links are on the left hand side of this page.

Friday, September 11, 2009

*Pecan Sammie's*

Hello everyone! I noticed I skipped a day for those of you that don't have diabetes, so I decided to post recipes for the Normie's out there today and tomorrow. This recipe is so good. I went to my friends house for a BBQ and she served these as an appetiser. She gave me the recipe. She
(Patty) said her 3 year old calls them nut Sammie's, hence the name Pecan Sammie's. I thought it was cute, so you know the rest. Diabetics could eat these too, except I would use light cream cheese. Well that's it for today, Enjoy!

Pecan Sammie's

Servings: 20 (about)

1 8 Oz. Pkg Cream cheese, Room Temperature
2 Tbls. Fresh chives, Chopped
¼ Tsp. Ground Pepper, Freshly Ground
1/8 Tsp. Salt
1 Cup Pecan halves

Mix the cream cheese, chives, salt, and pepper. Spread a small amount on a pecan half and top with another pecan half. Serve chilled or at room temperature. About 20 servings.

Per Serving: 82 Cal (88% from Fat, 7% from Protein, 5% from Carb); 1 g Protein; 8 g Tot Fat; 3 g Sat Fat; 3 g Mono Fat; 1 g Poly Fat; 1 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 0 g Sugar; 14 mg Calcium; 0 mg Iron; 53 mg Sodium; 14 mg Cholesterol.

No comments: