SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com
For those looking for other recipes, the links are on the left hand side of this page.

Friday, August 8, 2008

*Mocha Biscotti*

Hello, I'm back. I chose these biscotti's because they aren't very hard to make, and I really like coffee flavored desserts. When I was a little girl (long, long ago:) I was given a slice of cake that taste like coffee. I have loved that flavor every since then. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. Because I'm a diabetic, I do substitute the sugar with my favorite sugar substitute so the carbs are lower. The less carbs the better. Enjoy!


*Mocha Biscotti*

Servings: 24
1/4 Cup hazelnuts, toasted & coarsely Chopped
3 large eggs
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 Cups flour, All-Purpose
½ Cup sugar
1 Tsp baking powder
1/8 Tsp. salt
¾ Tsp. cinnamon
½ Tsp. cloves, Ground
1½ Tsp. Instant coffee powder
¾ Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven at 300°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract. Set aside. With an electric mixer, beat the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and coffee powder until combined. Slowly add the egg mixture and beat until a dough forms. Add the chopped nuts and chocolate chips about halfway through. With floured hands divide the dough in half and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll each half of dough into a log about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide. Place logs to the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 3 inches apart. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and transfer logs to a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Place on a cutting board, with a bread knife, cut each log crosswise, on the diagonal, into 3/4 inch slices. Arrange the slices on the baking sheet, turning slices over, and bake 20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.

Per Serving: 103 Cal (32% from Fat, 9% from Protein, 59% from Carb); 2 g Protein; 4 g Tot Fat; 1 g Sat Fat; 2 g Mono Fat; 0 g Poly Fat; 16 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 7 g Sugar; 22 mg Calcium; 0 mg Iron; 44 mg Sodium; 31 mg Cholesterol.

No comments: